The TeaHouse

The Pantry

Friday, March 8, 2013

Canning in the Miniature Kitchen - Dill Pickles


Dill Pickle Spears


I love the crisp bite of a tangy dill pickle spear.  Who can have a BBQ without a jar of dills?



Three varieties of dill pickles can be found in the pantry at WindyPoint: whole, spears and a mixed vegetable variety...all three based on the jars that my grandmother's used to make and would store in their pantries.







The mixed pickles are inspired from the handwritten book of recipes that my maternal grandmother gave to me as a wedding gift  - she always included what was on hand fresh from her garden....cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, red onions, zucchini, cucumber, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots.


   







13 comments:

  1. Your Cannings industry is impressive. So lifelike and so big and broad a product range you have made. Very nice.
    Your pictures are so beautiful, is there a special way you photographers on?
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wyrna.
      As far as my photographs, it's really just trial and error. Thank goodness for digital cameras... I usually take about 50 pictures; of those, usually a third of the pictures turn out.

      Delete
  2. has hecho un trabajo increible , es genial, y muy realista , felicidades

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, everything looks so realistic, well done!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es todo precioso, me encantan todos esos botes de conservas y bebidas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jars look so realistic.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jars are fantastic. They all look so real.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Just found your beautiful blog!
    You have done wonderful work, your jars are so much like real ones!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent. I love how you mix the colours in the jars. And the hues are so realistic, e.g. the cucumbers... not too green, not too yellow. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola jennifer!!
    He estado viendo todos los post de tu blog, y todo, absolutamente todo es precioso. Compartimos los mismos gustos . Tus frascos son perfectos !!!! Todo me gusta . Besos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is incredible! Wow! Wonderful place here, very inspiring! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome. Great stuff.
    Oh, and thanks for stopping by on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting my blog page. I read each one of your comments and I am grateful for the time that you take to write them.

Jennifer